To help the future employees of JCPenney understand the work and salary structure, this article about How Much Does JCPenney Pay is here to help you out.
Jcpenney is where so many customers go every day to purchase home renovation items for their homes and businesses and provide the customers with all the necessary services; there are employees for everything. At JCPenney, many work positions are available for employees of different salary structures.
How Much Does JCPenney Pay to their Employee?
When an employee work at Jcpenney, they receive a variety of salaries based on their position, experience, location, etc. But to give an average idea to the Employees, here are a few major roles at Jcpenney and their average salaries.
Retail Employee Average Salary
Under the sale, the associates work in many positions. Among them are,
● Sales associate: the sales associate attends to the customers and describes them about products. Their average salary per hour is around $11.70, and annually $46,540.
● Cashier: they have to scan all the products for billing and look after all the product payment processes. The cashier’s average salary per hour is $12.11, and annually, it’s more than $52,000
● Clerk/stocker: they have to stock all the products keep the shelves tidy, and manage and maintain cleanliness at the product storage. As for salary, they earn around $13.07 and annually around $39,000
● Beauty consultants: they give the customers the perfect beauty product for their skin and sell them to the customers. They get around $13.60 per hour and annually $31,563 on average.
● Jewelry associate: the jewelry associate communicates with the customer to help them understand the jewelry and sell them. They earn around $11.86 per hour and $27,709 per annual.
Read– JCPenney Employee Work Schedule
JCPenney Manager’s Average Salary
In the management field at JCPenney, many posts are available.
● Area Manager: as the area manager, they have to look at the work happening at the store, handle staff, financial responsibilities, etc. They earn around $66,269 annually and $28.40 per hour of work.
● Assistant manager: the assistant managers take care of the schedule for employees and then decide position positions and training of employees. Their average salary is around $12.52 per hour and $26,682 annually.
● Associate manager: they are in charge of handling and communicating with the employees, and if anything is wrong, the human resource informs the associate manager. Their average salary is around $43,000 annually and $12.27 per hour.
● IT manager: the IT manager they have to handle scheduling audits, store policies, etc. And that’s why their salary is around $124,941 annually.
JCPenney Corporate Positions Average Salary
There is also many corporate job position available at Jcpenney; a few examples are,
● Marketing associates: the marketing associates’ work is to understand the market, and based on that, they change the products, decide on advertisement activities, make marketing plans, etc. Their average salary is around $20.79, and annually, $63,000
● Corporate recruiter: they create a job to recruit candidates for the store’s corporate work, communicate with employees, etc. The average salary of this position is $65,000
● Office Administrator: they look into the payroll system, follow office operating procedures, monitor clerical work, etc. They earn around $16.31 per hour and $43,000 per year.
● Business support: handle customer complaints, fulfill customers’ card requirements, advises about product and services, etc. And they get around $65,300 per year.
Read– How To Cancel JCPenney Order?
What Factors affect JCPenney Pay?
Well, when people join a store that is distributed all around the US, then, in different places, employees gate different amounts of salaries, which happens at JCPenney as well. So that’s why the employees at JC penny are curious about the factors of different Pay.
The first reason why the salary of an employee can be different at Jcpenney is Position. As they are so many positions available, like a stocker, association, team head, etc., that’s why based on the qualification, the positions are different so do the salaries.
Locations also where is very much in the case of salary as some state or cities are not as famous as other ones that’s why the market and income there is bigger.
For example, a Jcpenney store in Texas makes more than a store in Tennessee. So based on the store’s earnings the salary also depends a lot.
When you go to work somewhere, experience makes things easier and enables you to learn and understand things faster.
That’s why if any employee has previous work experience, it makes things easier for the store; thus, the salary is higher for the employees with experience at JCPenney.
Read– JCPenney Kiosk Time
What Benefits and Perks are offered by JCPenney?
Every full-time and part-time employee at JCPenney has a good portion of benefits. So let’s find out the benefits and perks JCPenney employees get.
Full-time employees can benefit from medical benefits where based on the Plan, JCPenney will help the employees take care of the treatment, prescription, etc.
Also, if the employee chooses a plan where they want to have insurance for their family and spouse, they can also do it.
Then dental insurance is available for both part-time and full-time employees. In this insurance, based on the plans, the JCPenney company provides access to any dentist, coverage for major services, orthodontia coverage, and availability for the employee and the family.
Vision insurance is also available for full-time and part-time employees. Through this, the employees can get the service of eye examination, lenses, frames, contacts every 12 months, laser surgery, etc.
Also, JCPenney provides a health saving account (HSA) for a full-time employee. So whenever the employee puts money in that account, it gets interested, and the earnings are tax-free. When it’s time to withdraw the money, the employees can easily do that without worrying about the tax.
Paid Time Off
In JCPenney, the paid time off is known as my time off(MTO). This time off facility is available for both full-time and part-time employees.
And the number of MTO, an associate gets depends on the position and the working hour the associate gives to the company.
But apart from the MTO for holidays, vacations, sick leave, etc. Employees can also take incidental time off; part-time employees can take this for jury witness or voting time. And the full-time employees for funeral leave, emergencies, etc.
Then the employees can also get leave of absence as unpaid time off for personal reasons. And two weeks of paid time off as paternal leave for birth, adoption, etc.
When employees work at Jcpenney, all associates get a good amount of discounts. For full-time or part-time employees, when the purchase is made using the JC penny credit, debit, gift card, etc., then to purchase the merchandise, the associates get a 25% discount, 20% discount for services, and 10% discount for other things.
And if the associate made a purchase using a regular credit or debit card, the employee discount is 20% for merchandise, 15% for services, and 5% for other things.
Also, the employee gets a discount for traveling, gym membership, restaurants, vehicles, etc.
Then to make retirement easy for both part-time and full-time employees, JCPenney has a 401k plan for them. Through this Plan, the employee can submit 1 to 50% of their salary, and the company will pay 5% of that amount every time the employee pays it. And the employee is only eligible if they work 1000 hours within one year.
Full-time employees get basic and Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for the protection benefit. And part-timers can have term life insurance coverage. And all the life insurance is also available for the employees’ family and spouse.
Furthermore, full-time and part-time employees can apply for business travel accidents, critical illness/accident insurance, legal service plan, etc. But the divisibility insurance is only available for full-time JCPenney employees.
In the end, you can understand that if you need work, then JCPenney is probably the best place to find work with your qualification and experience.
Here you will find every type of work you need and the employee benefits are also quite impressive. There are many positions with good salary structures here for full-time and part-time employees.
Also, if you are interested in a corporate job and what did about the salary structure, then JCPenney is the place for you.
Below we share some FAQs.
Does JCPenney offer benefits for part-time employees?
If you go through the internet or ask anyone, they may say that JCPenney doesn’t provide benefits to part-time employees, but it’s false. Jcpenney does have benefits for part-time employees, such as dental vision, paid time off, retirement benefits, employee discounts, etc. But to avail them the employees have to apply for that.
What is the starting Pay for a JCPenney cashier?
At JCPenney, as a starting salary, the cashiers get around $7.26 per hour, which is very low, but in some locations, this salary is paid.
Then the highest salary of a JCPenney cashier is around $20.00 per hour. Show the price differences are quite huge, but in most stores, the average payment is $12.42 per hour of work.
Does JCPenney offer raises for employees?
If you are interested to know whether JCPenney increases the employees’ salaries, then the good news is that JCPenney does increase salaries every year; they increase salaries for new associates. And if you are thinking about whether you can level up your benefit plans or get a new one, you have to wait until the annual enrollment.
- Wells Fargo Money Order (Cost, Comparison, Limit) - February 24, 2023
- Citizens Bank Payroll (Routing Number, Direct Deposit) - February 18, 2023
- How Do I Apply For A Chase Mortgage? (Requirments, Apply) - February 18, 2023