This article focuses on the question, “Does Walmart Cash Government Checks.”
Unbeknownst to you, 90% of Americans reside within 15 minutes of a Walmart.
Before you reach your bank or the bank where the cheque you need to cash was issued, there’s a good chance you’ll pass a Walmart.
If you purchase or buy groceries at Walmart, you can use the Walmart Money Centre to cash your check while shopping or loading up your supplies.
The Walmart MoneyCenter is a bank alternative that can be accessed offline and online.
Prepaid debit cards, credit cards, money transfers, and cash services can all be found.
Some MoneyCenters are solely responsible for offering these financial services, although all Walmart locations still provide them.
You may consider opening a bank account if you use Walmart MoneyCenter as your primary payment method.
Many bank accounts don’t charge monthly fees and offer similar services to those offered by Walmart, such as free money transfers and sending money to friends and family.
And many of them are accessible on your phone if you Previously found it difficult to open a bank account.
Does Walmart Cash Government Checks?
For check cashing and other money-related services, Walmart can be a good substitute for banks or other financial organizations.
If your check is about to expire or you have received a check but don’t have a bank account, you may utilize Walmart to cash it.
Other possible reasons include convenience. Walmart’s $4–$8 per check-cashing cost can be prohibitive for smaller checks.
However, Walmart check cashing can be a terrific option if banking services are unavailable or you have a greater sum to deal with.
The procedures for cashing a check at Walmart are the same as they are all over; you must validate the check with your signature and present photo identification.
If you are cashing a check at Walmart for the first time, you might be asked for your social security number as identification.
Your social security number won’t be required once your data has been entered into the check cashing system.
What are the Walmart Cash Checking Policies for Cash Government Checks?
There’s no requirement that you buy anything. You may cash a check at Walmart without signing up for anything or having a bank account.
All you have to do to cash a check and present it with a legitimate form of identification. In addition, if you want to cash a check, you can be asked for your social security number.
You will require a photo ID that the government has provided. The document in question can be a passport or a license.
Additionally, they might ask for your social security number. Carry your social security card with you if you want to be prepared.
In general, check to see if your check is wrinkle-, tear-, or smudge-free. It may be challenging for the Walmart printer to read a check that has been damaged.
What are the Walmart Money Center Cash Checking Rules?
It would be best if you handed your check endorsed to the cashier at one of the checkout lanes.
Display a legitimate form of identification and pay the appropriate charge next.
Checks can be cashed without registering or needing a Walmart store credit card or Walmart MasterCard.
Your money should be available immediately after you finish these easy procedures.
To benefit from the Walmart Money Center’s check-cashing services, you must adhere to the following rules:
- They can only cash printed checks; Walmart Money Centres cannot cash handwritten checks.
- No postdated checks are permitted. However, the check must be cashed within 30 days of the check’s date. Anything older than 30 days must be sent to a bank.
- The check must be written in the name of the person cashing it. Multiple people must be present and sign the cheque to be cashed if it is made out to more than one person.
- The individual cashing the check must present valid identification.
- Through the money center, two-party cheques cannot be cashed.
- Checks over $2000 are cashed at the retailer’s discretion because some don’t have enough cash to cash such large checks while still operating their regular business.
What are the Cash Checking Hours at Walmart?
A Walmart cashier will be happy to cash your check any time the shop opens.
To find out the hours of your nearby stores, utilize the store finder.
As per Walmart, Walmart MoneyCenters is normally open from 8 a.m. for the next 12 hours, Monday through Saturday, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday.
You can use the Walmart store locator to discover a Walmart MoneyCenter in your area by visiting the page, entering your ZIP code, and pressing enter.
Select a retail location from the list that appears, then click “Details.”
If money services are offered at that location, they will be indicated.
Additionally, you’ll notice the store’s telephone number, which you can use to find out if a MoneyCenter is available there.
To get financial services, visit any Walmart.
If the store doesn’t have a MoneyCenter or you visit after the MoneyCenter’s closing time, you can still acquire money services at the Customer Service counter.
Why Would Walmart Decline a Government Stimulus Check?
Walmart will often reject the cheque if it violates its check-cashing policy. Walmart may reject checks for several reasons, including the following:
• It can be because there aren’t enough funds to cover the amount printed on the customer’s cheque.
• If the cheque you have provided is larger than the maximum allowable check amount, it will be rejected.
• If the check verification agency makes recommendations based on the customer’s erratic credit history or any other dangers, the check won’t be accepted.
• The customer must enter their Social Security Number when interacting with Walmart for the first time using a check-based system.
Checks are returned if a Social Security number is not provided.
• To cash your checks, you must present valid identification. Walmart will not enable you to cash your check if you cannot present one of the acceptable forms of identification.
• Walmart does not accept cheques that have been handwritten or that have been postdated.
What is the highest amount of checks Walmart will cash?
As of 2018, Walmart has a $5,000 check cashing cap; however, from January to April of every year, this cap is raised to $7,500.
The check cashing cost at Walmart is $4 for cheques up to $1,000.
There is an $8 charge for checks between $1,001 and $5,000. $200 is the maximum for two-party personal checks, and the maximum cost is $6.
Read– Walmart Order Filler