For your scalp and hair, chemical-based shampoos are terrible news. It has artificial elements that do more harm than good, especially on hair, as it can deteriorate the health of your hair over time. You need to select a remedy that is healthy and deep-rooted the nature that takes care of your locks. Therefore, today, we will know all about eucalyptus oil for hair in this guide.
- 1 What Is Eucalyptus Oil?
- 2 Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil for Hair
- 3 How To Apply Eucalyptus Oil To Your Hair?
- 4 Considering the hair types
- 5 Side Effects of Using Eucalyptus Oil
- 6 Can Eucalyptus Oil promote Hair Growth?
- 7 FAQs
- 7.1 1. Is it safe to use eucalyptus oil on your hair?
- 7.2 2. How can you use eucalyptus oil for hair growth?
- 7.3 3. Does Eucalyptus promote hair growth?
- 7.4 4. How good is eucalyptus oil for black hair?
- 7.5 5. Is it possible to combine coconut oil with eucalyptus oil?
- 7.6 6. Can I combine castor and eucalyptus oils?
- 7.7 7. Is it true that Eucalyptus causes hair loss?
- 7.8 8. What is the best way to dilute eucalyptus oil for hair?
- 7.9 9. Can eucalyptus oil be applied to the face?
- 7.10 10. How to use eucalyptus oil directly on the skin?
- 8 Concluding Thoughts On Eucalyptus Oil For Hair
What Is Eucalyptus Oil?
Eucalyptus oil is the most popular essential oil made out of Eucalyptus leaf extracts. So, how is it made? Initially, the leaves of Eucalyptus are dried, after which they are crushed and finally distilled for making this essential oil. So, did you know? There are about 700+ variants of the Eucalyptus tree. They have effective healing properties and are recognized for their great fragrance.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil for Hair
Eucalyptus oil has significant properties of being an antifungal, and it is quite beneficial for hair. The following are the practical benefits of Eucalyptus oil and the reason behind its popularity.
It works as a hair stimulant
A tingling feeling is produced when eucalyptus oil is combined with a carrier oil and massaged adequately. It acts as a stimulating agent, increasing blood circulation and opening hair follicles. Furthermore, better blood circulation promotes hair development.
Effective treatment for itchy and Dandruff scalp
Eucalyptus oil for dandruff treatment is widely recommended due to its antifungal qualities. It gets rid of the fungus that causes Dandruff and irritated scalp. Furthermore, the anti-inflammatory component in the oil calms the nerves, allowing the itchy and foul scalp to rest.
Offers shine to hair
The application of eucalyptus oil regularly improves the hair’s natural shine. It occurs due to increased ceramide production in the hair and scalp. On the other hand, Ceramides are a type of lipid molecule found in hair strands, and it makes the hair look more bouncy and shinier.
It kills lice
As previously stated, eucalyptus oil possesses antifungal and antiseptic characteristics that aid in the natural removal of lice. Use Nilgiri oil for hair if your hair is prone to drugs. It’s more effective when used with Rosehip oil. Its pungent odor and antibacterial qualities make it laugh while strangling the lice.
It improves an oily scalp
Oily scalp is prone to the accumulation of dust that causes itchy scalp and Dandruff. Eucalyptus oil uses astringent production, thereby regulating the production of sebum for the scalp.
It promotes Hair Growth
It consists of anti-inflammatory properties soothing the scalp, and it helps to decrease inflammation on the scalp, making it better for hair growth.
Massage it entirely over your hair and scalp. The better the penetration of nutrients and absorption of it by your hair, the better you a massage.
The circular motion during the massage will improve blood circulation, thereby improving hair growth, making it thicker and healthier. Extract the benefits of Eucalyptus oil by mixing it with lighter oil.
It helps to prevent Dandruff
Eucalyptus oil has antibacterial and antifungal qualities that aid in treating Dandruff.
Two tablespoons carrier oil (depending on your preference) and three drops of Nilgiri oil for hair (usually preferred for medium hair length). Apply the blend to the scalp and hair thoroughly, then leave it on for 30 minutes. For more excellent nourishment, wash it off with anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner.
It helps to Prevent Grey Hair
Chemical dyes and chemical-based shampoos can cause hair to become frizzy. Furthermore, prolonged contact can cause premature greying and even inflammation of the scalp.
Eucalyptus’ anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities aid in the battle against free radical damage. It helps to prevent premature greying of the hair. It also improves hair elasticity, which helps to prevent split ends and hair loss.
Read– How to Use Cuticle Oil?
How To Apply Eucalyptus Oil To Your Hair?
Eucalyptus oil is the popular essential oil that is dried, extracted, distilled, and crushed from the leaves of the eucalyptus plant that should not be applied to the hair or scalp directly. Therefore, one must dilute it with any carrier oil or even the hair masks to make the eucalyptus oil good on hair.
You should heat about two tablespoons of coconut or olive oil. Ensure that it is not very hot. Coconut oil is highly beneficial being carrier oil since it aids in combatting Dandruff offering shinier hair.
- Add about two to three drops of eucalyptus oil, properly mixing them.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and massage gently at the hair roots.
- Continue to massage your scalp for about 5 to 10 minutes allowing every strand of hair to absorb the oil better.
- Distribute the oil to the scalp evenly using a comb. However, the movement of the comb offers a massaging effect on the scalp.
- Leave on the oil for about half an hour to an hour, and then rinse it off using a mild shampoo reaping the extensive benefits of the oil on your hair.
- Use them twice every week as it is good on hair.
Considering the hair types
Anyone who suffers from a dry, itchy, flaky scalp, whether from Dandruff, dermatitis, or styling product accumulation, can benefit from using eucalyptus oil. People dealing with a bothersome case of head lice may also benefit. People with highly oily scalps, on the other hand, may benefit from eucalyptus oil, which can help prevent the formation of extra germs.
However, as good as eucalyptus oil can be, it is not recommended for people with sensitive skin since, like other essential oils, eucalyptus oil can induce allergic contact dermatitis.
Eucalyptus oil has a more significant potential of causing some dermal severe reactions and sensitization when they are used in massive quantities despite all its benefits. It is always recommended to rely on their professionals regarding the use of them topically in its formulations for the hair and skin. It is also suggested not to use on infants and kids under five years of age; it causes spasms of the glottis. The oil has toxic effects after ingested, affecting the central nervous system.
Of course, because of the popularity of eucalyptus oil, various store-bought scalps cleanses, treatments, and shampoos are now available to cure any scalp complaints without needing to visit a dermatologist or trichologist. And, because these goods have gone through extensive testing before reaching the market, they’re usually a safe pick for at-home use.
Read– Valor Essential Oil
Side Effects of Using Eucalyptus Oil
Always make sure that you make only external use of the Eucalyptus oil, and it is not safe for internal consumption. It is also best to determine whether you are allergic to this oil or not. Therefore, conduct a basic patch test before trying Eucalyptus that is best for your scalp.
The following is the list of people who should refrain from using this oil:
- Breastfeeding mothers and pregnant women
- Small babies and kids
- People undergoing medical problems
- People facing asthma
Can Eucalyptus Oil promote Hair Growth?
Yes! Eucalyptus oil is a great essential oil with calming effects on your scalp. It successfully reduces scalp inflammation and promotes new hair growth by creating a favorable environment. Its antibacterial and antifungal characteristics make it an effective dandruff treatment that benefits hair health and development. Eucalyptus oil offers antibacterial features that aid in treating Dandruff, eradicating head lice, and enhancing general hair luster and structure.
Below we share some FAQs related to the “Eucalyptus Oil For Hair”
1. Is it safe to use eucalyptus oil on your hair?
You might be amazed at how good eucalyptus oil is for your hair. This oil may be a terrific all-natural product to add to your beauty routine to relieve a dry and itchy scalp caused by conditions like Dandruff or dermatitis and prevent head lice.
2. How can you use eucalyptus oil for hair growth?
Combine two to four drops of eucalyptus oil with one to two tablespoons of coconut oil, apply to the scalp, and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing well.
3. Does Eucalyptus promote hair growth?
Eucalyptus oil is known for stimulating hair growth since it has natural nourishing properties that can aid in soothing or calming the scalp offering shiny, healthy-looking hair.
4. How good is eucalyptus oil for black hair?
The oil is used for stimulating the scalp and encouraging hair growth. It consists of antibacterial properties that aid in keeping the scalp healthy and clean.
5. Is it possible to combine coconut oil with eucalyptus oil?
Combine 2–4 drops of eucalyptus oil with 1–2 tablespoons of coconut oil, apply to the scalp, wait 20 minutes, and then thoroughly rinse. For lice, up the eucalyptus oil to 12 teaspoons with three tablespoons coconut oil and leave on for 30-40 minutes.
6. Can I combine castor and eucalyptus oils?
Take a few drops of Eucalyptus oil, dilute it with a few drops of castor oil, and mix well. Apply on hair, skin, and body after that.
7. Is it true that Eucalyptus causes hair loss?
Aromatherapy with essential oils like Eucalyptus, according to another study, may help to prevent hair loss, encourage hair growth, and enhance overall scalp and hair health.
8. What is the best way to dilute eucalyptus oil for hair?
Before applying Eucalyptus Oil to hair, it should always be blended with a suitable carrier oil, such as coconut or almond oil. The dilution ratio should be 1-2 percent or two drops of essential oil per teaspoon of carrier oil or less. Massage the scalp and roots gently, then work your way to the hair’s tip.
9. Can eucalyptus oil be applied to the face?
It is necessary to dilute the oil before applying it directly to your skin and steer clear of the sensitive areas. It can irritate your skin when it is used now.
10. How to use eucalyptus oil directly on the skin?
Eucalyptus is the main ingredient in a few topical ways. These are the pain relievers you apply directly to your skin, such as creams, sprays, and salves. Eucalyptus oil works the best by bringing cold or warm sensations taking your mind off the pain, although it is not a painkiller.
Read– Does Beard Oil Work?
Concluding Thoughts On Eucalyptus Oil For Hair
- Eucalyptus oil has several beneficial aspects when they are used on hair.
- It can help promote hair growth and also makes it thick.
- Make sure that you dilute them before applying them to your hair, scalp, or skin.
- It should be kept in mind that concentrated eucalyptus oil results in adverse effects that include skin inflammation, nausea, and allergic reactions.
- Always mix eucalyptus oil for hair with a carrier oil to experience the benefits.
Read– Sesame Oil Benefits