A plastic surgeon will recommend neck liposuction, neck lift surgery, or a combination of both techniques if you have a double chin and are searching for ways to get rid of it.
Therefore, various considerations go into double chin surgery cost.
There are several approaches for removing excess fat and tightening neck skin to create a firm, more defined chin and neck area. There is no specific surgery to remove the double chin.
So, let us now check out all aspects of this surgery and the factors that affect the double chin reduction surgery cost!
How much does double chin surgery cost?
The surgical approach determines the cost of double chin surgery.
Liposuction is less time-consuming and less invasive compared to a neck lift.
The double chin surgery cost included in this procedure is determined by:
- surgeon’s time
- facility and staff fees
- medication and instrument fees
- anesthesia fees
The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery mainly estimates the average cost for the procedures that involve neck contouring, which ranges from $1200 to $12700, as determined through the national survey of member physicians.
Read– Buccal Fat Removal Cost
What do you understand by double chin surgery?
The process involves removing the loose skin and excess fat from the neck area is surgery for a double chin.
The plastic surgeon will be using one of many kinds of surgeries or a combination of different ones as it depends on your goals:
Chin liposuction (lipo): Excessive fat from under the skin is sucked by liposuction.
Chin tuck (submentoplasty): Chin tuck mainly focuses on the upper neck and chin, and it can help tighten the skin and remove excessive fat.
A neck lift (lower rhytidectomy): A neck lift is a more extensive procedure than the chin tuck, and it helps remove excess skin and tighten the muscles by covering the chin and the whole neck area.
Kybella injections: It is an injectable medication. Kybella injections can be your option without excess fat or skin laxity.
The medicine aids in the breakdown of fat, and the by-products are eliminated eventually.
How do double chin surgeries work?
A minor tube known as a cannula is inserted into the chin liposuction in varied areas.
Gentle suction is used with smaller and strategic amounts of fat removed from every location.
The outcome is a smooth, more even profile with a low fat under the chin.
Smaller incisions are made under the chin, along with liposuction on the neck, which is how submentoplasty works.
The surgeon would make the incisions behind your ear and, at times, under your chin to remove excess skin and tighten up the neck muscles during the neck lift.
Read– How Much Does Facelift Cost?
Procedures involved in double chin surgery
In terms of chin liposuction, the following are the basic steps that are included:
- The surgeon examines the neck and the chin marking with a pen for noting the areas where they will be inserting their cannulas.
- An antiseptic solution is used for cleaning and is designed to reduce the risk of infections.
- Sedation is administered by the surgeon if required, or local anesthesia is injected into the skin.
- They will use several smaller incisions in the skin large enough for introducing the liposuction cannula.
- They will also insert a liposuction cannula and use a back-and-forth or a fanning motion to remove excess fat. They will pay a closer look at the amount of fat removed from every area to make sure of a smoother, even special appearance.
- Bandaging is also applied as required. It mainly includes a special chin strap for supporting the skin during its healing process.
Incisions in the skin are made during neck lift surgery and submentoplasty. There are a few general steps for neck lift surgeries that include the following:
- Your doctor indicates the approach areas as they mark the chin and the neck with lines and arrows.
- They will administer IV medications, or you will be placed under general anesthesia for this treatment.
- The area will be cleansed using an antiseptic solution. It depends on the anesthesia approach, as your doctor would be injecting a local anesthetic into the skin.
- The doctor will also make the incisions, mainly at the hairline and behind the ear. They should also be removing excess fat and skin from the neck. They will also tighten the platysma or the neck muscles to make the skin appear toned.
- They will then close the skin incisions with the help of sutures or glue.
- These stitches will mainly heal and are not visible due to the person’s hairline.
There are fewer incisions, and a doctor will not remove excess skin as with the neck lift with the help of submentoplasty.
The doctor would tighten the neck muscles to offer a more contoured appearance.
Double Chin Surgery Cost Factors
The contouring process varies from patient to patient based on your specific requirements.
Fixing the double chin can cost as low as $1500, and it would go up to about $30000.
It would be including the fees for the surgeon, anesthesia, facility, operating room, garments, implants, lab tests, aftercare, and medications.
You should consult your plastic surgeon to get a streamlined treatment plan for meeting your goals.
It will offer you the exact amount you pay to get the results you want.
The following are the factors that generally determine the price that is involved:
- Your desired goals and starting points
- The treatment recommended by your doctor
- The expertise of your surgeon
- The surgical procedures and the state-of-the-art technology depend on the surgeon you choose.
- Plastic surgery costs in your area
- A surgical facility that is used in the office, hospital, and other areas
- Different kinds of anesthesia used
Luckily, several plastic surgery facilities are offering the patients financial plans so that you would not have to plunk down the whole amount upfront.
Make sure to check the surgeon’s office before making an appointment if it is required for you.
Side effects and risks involved
Foreign instruments are inserted into the skin, and some risks are included.
The doctor should discuss these before the procedure to ensure that you have all the correct information before the procedure.
Some people who are having this cosmetic surgery will be reporting the following:
- Defined, well-shaped chin as well as the neck
- Youthful and thinner appearance
- Sleek and smooth skin
Does this surgery have any risk?
It is quite safe when it comes to neck and chin plastic surgery, but the treatment is often associated with a few risks, such as:
- Asymmetrical face
- Blood clots and bleeding
- Complications associated with anesthesia such as vomiting or trouble waking up and nausea
- Damage to the muscles, organs, nerves, and blood cells
- Hair loss near the incisions
- Hematoma that causes the need to be drained
- Incisions that fail to heal
- Injury to the nerve leads to numbness, weakness, and changes in the skin
- Swelling or pain lasting longer than expected
- Issues with lungs and heart
- Outcomes that you may not like
- Discoloration, rippling, or scarring of the skin
- Discoloration and irregularities on the skin
Read– Mommy Makeover Cost
Recovery after the surgery
You’ll have some soreness, swelling, and bruising after only a chin tuck or neck lift.
Your skin may feel constrictive, and these side effects improve with time and last for roughly two weeks.
It may take a few months for incisions to heal completely.
The healthcare team will eliminate any drains placed near the incisions a few days following the treatment.
Within a week or two, most people may return to work and other everyday activities.
Your surgical team will offer you instructions based on your operation and recovery.
What can be you get after double-chin surgery?
Following the treatment, you should expect some soreness and discomfort.
Due to swelling and bruising, the skin around the neck and chin may feel very tight.
A doctor will normally remove facial drains within a day or two if they were placed to decrease blood and fluid buildup in your neck.
A doctor may recommend that the incision areas should be treated with antibiotic ointment.
They’ll normally suggest avoiding the sun or getting too much water on the face and chin for a few days.
The time taken for your recovery is determined by the surgical strategy employed by your doctor.
Returning to work after chin liposuction usually takes a few days to a week, and you won’t be available to work for around two weeks after a neck lift.
How do you prepare for double chin surgery?
It’s critical to have a reasonable expectation of your outcome and recovery when planning for double chin surgery.
You can do so by inquiring about the process with your doctor.
You’ll probably want someone who can accompany you to and from the surgery center or doctor’s office in addition to these considerations.
When you go home following surgery, carry a bag of comfy clothes with you.
Once your physician gives you the go-ahead, you’ll want to consume soft meals and snacks at home.
Prescription drugs are filled before the procedure to have all you need for your recovery.
Double chin surgery vs. Kybella
The nonsurgical injectable medication approved by the FDA for treating excessive fat lying under your chin is Kybella.
The medication consists of deoxycholic acid breaking down the excessive fat from the body.
There are many differences between Kybella and other surgical procedures in several ways.
There are a few facts that are included in this medication:
- Several treatments may be required, mainly that it takes about a six or a monthly basis to check out the results.
- The treatment area is then subjected to topical local anesthesia before Kybella.
- There are side effects included, such as swelling, pain, redness, pain, bruising, and numbness. There are allergic reactions that injure the facial nerves and issues with swallowing, which is rare.
- Kybella is not a great option for those with highly elastic neck skin or who have looser neck muscles. It also corrects excessive fat under the chin.
- Each of the treatments ranges from $1200 to $1800 each treatment. Chin liposuction may be a cheaper option if you need several treatments.
- Since the fat cells are destroyed, the results are considered permanent.
Below we share some FAQs related to the Query “Double Chin Surgery Cost”
1. What is the cost of removing a double chin?
Treatments might cost anywhere from $1,200 to $1,800 on average.
If you need multiple procedures, chin liposuction may be less expensive.
2. Can you get rid of a double chin?
Liposuction is one of the only long-term treatments for a double chin, and it has fewer side effects than other surgical procedures.
3. What methods do celebrities use to get rid of double chins?
Lipo is the most popular surgery we use to treat double chins. Lipo accomplishes two goals:
It eliminates fat and, more importantly, traumatizes the underneath of the skin, creating scarring and tightness. Even if it seems paradoxical, you want to stay there.
4. How long does it take to recover after double chin surgery?
Most chin tucks and neck lifts are performed in a surgeon’s office, surgical center, or hospital.
Depending on the procedure(s) being performed, it can last 45 minutes to several hours.
5. Can Botox be used to get rid of a double chin?
Botox can be utilized on the chin to treat a variety of chin wrinkles and loose skin around the chin and jaw.
Deep creases in your chin are an example, and loose skin or sagging muscles generate a double chin.
Before using Botox for a double chin you must consult with a doctor.
6. Is it natural to have a double chin?
A double chin, also known as subscapular fat, is a disorder in which a layer of fat grows behind the chin.
A double chin is frequently connected with weight gain, however, it is not necessary to be overweight to have one.
A double chin can be genetically based or looser skin due to aging.
7. What is the difference between a little neck lift and a full neck lift?
A small neck lift tightens and eliminates drooping skin in the neck and under the chin.
The goal is to realign the neck’s soft tissues and redefine the jawline, resulting in a smoother outline and a more complexion.
8. Can chewing gum help you lose weight on your face?
Chewing gum reduces facial fat, although this is a myth. Simply, you can’t lose weight in just one place.
Chewing gum can give your face muscles decent exercise, but it won’t help you lose weight.
9. What is due to an injury neck?
Being overweight or obese can lead to neck fat, mainly caused by a lack of physical activity and poor dietary habits.
Several medical disorders can cause obesity, and however, they are uncommon.
10. Is neck lift surgery painful?
Sedative drugs keep the patient awake but calm, and a local anesthetic ensures that there is no pain.
During the operation, the surgeon makes many small incisions around and behind the ear and a very small one beneath the chin.
You could be pondering cosmetic surgery if you have a double chin or a droopy chin or neck.
The post here will explain all the factors that determine the Double Chin Surgery Cost.
The area can be shaped, excess fat removed, and the skin smoothed by a plastic surgeon.
On the other hand, Chin tucks, neck lifts, and chin liposuction are surgical procedures with hazards.
Discuss your alternatives with your doctor, and see if you’re a serious contender for surgery.
Read– Tummy Tuck Cost